Sunday, August 31, 2008

Journal - August 31, 2008



Aug 31 - 8:39 PM - Day began at 7:00 AM with morning worship in Salatiga. Pastor preached on the truth that God knows everything (Psalm 139). After lunch we attended the most extravagent wedding reception I have ever seen! then in the afternoon, I led a worship teaching time for about 30 people.
As soon as we said, "Amen" the power went out at the church (all over town really). It's been spotty ever since.
Had roast beef and potatoes for supper (by candlelight and battery powered lights)
Quote of the day . . . Annual theme for church in Salatiga:
Rumahku akan disebut
rumahdoa bagi segala bangsa
My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.
Oh, that all churches would make this their theme!
Ramadan begins tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal