Sunday, September 7, 2008

Journal - September 6, 2008


(written on September 7th) – Woke up to a beautiful sunrise through my balcony window. Talked with Tami Byrd and my family through Skype. My breakfast was an apple; Ron has been raving about them for days, so I finally tried one. It was pretty tasty.

The schedule at the retreat has been VERY flexible. So we’ve been a little short on time for rehearsals. The two praise bands have done great, especially with little rehearsal time. They loved worship and participated enthusiastically. Their favorite songs this week have been “Hail to the King”, “Mighty to Save”, “God of this City” and “Who Am I”.

As our meeting time began, I began to get a little queasy. I started the Ciprofloxacin and Pepto right away.

The students were sad to see the retreat come to an end. By noon I was on my way down the mountain in the Java Dorm bus. After lunch at KFC in Salatiga, I took a nap in the afternoon.

Then in the evening, we all went to Casey and Sharon’s house for supper. There we met 6 Indonesian college-agers and shared a meal of chicken and goat sate (chicken and goat on a stick), two kinds of rice, and lasagna. For desert Sharon made a chocolate chip cheesecake.

The conversation after dinner centered a lot on US politics. The students were interested in who we were going to vote for and why. We also talked a little about New Orleans, Ramadan, and the Islamic faith. It was a good conversation.


You can find more trip pictures at my Facebook Page (http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504321719).

They are also posted at my Flickr.com Page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/curtisferrell/)

Thanks for reading!

No comments: