Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Journal - September 9, 2008


8:25 am - Getting ready to leave the hotel in Yogyakarta. Going to Tom's Silver shop.
3:46 pm - Back in the Java Dorm getting ready for the trip home. I need to transfer some pictures, pack, and be ready for dinner at 6:00 pm. I'll also need to write thank you notes.
Today we saw skilled silversmiths and other craftsmen and women creating jewelry, puppets, and intricate sculptures.
After shopping at the store attached to the Tom's Silver factory/museum, we went to Malioboro street again. and did some shopping. Then we headed home.
Casey hasn’t been feeling well since last night. We offered to drive but he said he wasn't THAT sick.
We went to the school and talked with Sid (business manager?) and made final money exchanges.
On the way back to the dorm, I got stopped by several students who were glad to see me again and told me how much they loved our times of worship at the retreat.


You can find more trip pictures at my Facebook Page (http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504321719).

They are also posted at my Flickr.com Page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/curtisferrell/)

Thanks for reading!

No comments: